Englisch-Finnisch Übersetzung für spin
Definition für spin
- To rotate, revolve, gyrate ; to partially or completely rotate to face another direction
- To make yarn by twisting and winding fibers together
- To present, describe, or interpret, or to introduce a bias or slant, so as to give something a favorable or advantageous appearance
- To make the ball move sideways when it bounces on the pitch
- To form into thin strips or ribbons, as with sugar
- To shape, as malleable sheet metal, into a hollow form, by bending or buckling it by pressing against it with a smooth hand tool or roller while the metal revolves, as in a lathe
- To stream or issue in a thread or a small current or jet
- To wait in a loop until some condition becomes true
- To use an exercise bicycle, especially as part of a gym class
- Rapid circular motion
- A quantum angular momentum associated with subatomic particles, which also creates a magnetic moment
- Rotation of the ball as it flies through the air; sideways movement of the ball as it bounces
- A brief trip by vehicle, especially one made for pleasure
- A bundle of spun material; a mass of strands and filaments
- A single play of a record by a radio station
- A search of a prisoner's cell for forbidden articles
- Unmarried woman, spinster
- The use of an exercise bicycle, especially as part of a gym class
- I spun myself around a few times.
- Spin the ball on the floor.
- She spun around and gave him a big smile.
- They spin the cotton into thread.
- to spin along the road in a carriage, on a bicycle, etc.
- Blood spins from a vein.
- The car went into a spin
- The skaters demonstrated their spins
- He put some spin on the cue ball.
- Try to put a positive spin on the disappointing sales figures.
- The politician was mocked in the press for his reliance on spin rather than facts.
- Im off out for a spin in my new sports car.