Englisch-Finnisch Übersetzung für parameter
Definition für parameter
- A value kept constant during an experiment, equation, calculation or similar, but varied over other versions of the experiment, equation, calculation, etc
- a variable that describes some system or some aspect thereof
- An input variable of a procedure definition, that gets an actual value at execution time ''''
- An actual value given to such a formal parameter ''''
- In the ellipse and hyperbola, a third proportional to any diameter and its conjugate, or in the parabola, to any abscissa and the corresponding ordinate
- The ratio of the three crystallographic axes which determines the position of any plane
- Roughly, a tuple of arguments could be thought of as a vector, whereas a tuple of parameters could be thought of as a covector (i.e., linear functional). When a function is called, a parameter tuple becomes "bound" to an argument tuple, allowing the function instance itself to be computed to yield a return value. This would be roughly analogous to applying a covector to a vector (by taking their dot product (or, rather, matrix-product of row vector and column vector)) to obtain a scalar.
- The parameter of the principal axis of a conic section is called the latus rectum.