Englisch-Finnisch Übersetzung für cradle
- kehtoEurooppa on monikulttuurisuuden kehto. Europe is the cradle of multiculturalism. Antiikin Olympia on sivistyksen kehto. Ancient Olympia is the cradle of civilisation. Egypti on Lähi-idän politiikan kehto. Egypt is the cradle of Middle Eastern politics.
- alustatalon alustaAuton alusta oli ihan ruosteessa.Saatavilla on versiot sekä Windows- että Mac-alustalle.
- kääriäkääriä paperiinkääriä irtotupakasta sätkä
- kannatinMinä kannatin toista vaihtoehtoa.
Definition für cradle
- A bed or cot for a baby, oscillating on rockers or swinging on pivots
- The place of origin, or in which anything is nurtured or protected in the earlier period of existence
- Infancy, or very early life
- An implement consisting of a broad scythe for cutting grain, with a set of long fingers parallel to the scythe, designed to receive the grain, and to lay it evenly in a swath
- A framework of timbers, or iron bars, moving upon ways or rollers, used to support, lift, or carry ships or other vessels, heavy guns, etc., as up an inclined plane, or across a strip of land, or in launching a ship
- A frame to keep the bedclothes from contact with the sensitive parts of an injured person
- A suspended scaffold used in shafts
- A basket or apparatus in which, when a line has been made fast to a wrecked ship from the shore, the people are brought off from the wreck
- A rest for the receiver of a telephone, or for certain computer hardware
- A hand position allowing a contact ball to be held steadily on the back of the hand
- To contain in or as if in a cradle
- To wrap protectively, to hold gently and protectively
- To lull or quieten, as if by rocking
- To rock the lacrosse stick back and forth in order to keep the ball in the head by means of centrifugal force
- To transport a vessel by means of a cradle
- To put ribs across the back of , to prevent the panels from warping
- a cradle of crime
- the cradle of liberty
- from the cradle to the grave
- The cradle was ill-made. One victim fell into the sea and was lost and the ensuing delay cost three more lives.
- He slammed the handset into the cradle.
- cradling the injured man’s head in her arms